Monday, March 15, 2010

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendez Split

Kate and Sam, in happier(?) times.

It's just been announced that Kate Winslet and her husband, director Sam Mendez have split.

This is awful news. I've loved Kate since her big screen debut in Heavenly Creatures and I think I've seen every movie she's been in since. Kate just seems like one of us (albeit an incredibly talented, beautiful version of one of us!) and I've admired the way she's stayed out of the paparazzi spotlight and limited her movie projects since having kids. She just seems like a great mom and a smart woman. I've also loved that she manages to stay glamorous and absolutely stunning without dieting down to a size 00 like most of her Hollywood counterparts.

To read the rest of "Kate Winslet and Sam Mendez Split", head over to Lindsay Ferrier's new column at The Stir by CafeMom.

blog comments powered by Disqus