Friday, May 21, 2010

Big News

As many of you know, I started this blog on a whim during my kids' Christmas break last year. I had been searching fruitlessly for a style blog I could relate to- and when I couldn't find one, I decided in the space of about five minutes to start my own.

I started this blog knowing that there was an excellent chance it wouldn't last longer than a week or two... that no one would read it... that people would tell me I didn't know what I was talking about... that I would get tired of it.

But something entirely different happened. For one thing I absolutely loved writing it. It provided the most delicious escape and putting posts together never, ever got old. For another, a lot of people were reading it-- more people than I had ever dreamed would.

I would love to write this blog for a living, I thought to myself. I would be so happy if I got paid to write these posts. This is a lot of work, but it's so much fun. This would be the perfect job...

Oprah would call this an "A-ha!" moment... But for me, it was more of a "Duh!" moment.

A few e-mails and one proposal later? I have the perfect job.

Starting Monday, She's Still Got It will move to Cafe Mom, the number one mom's site on the Internet. The content will be the same (but there will be more of it) and I'll still have a dedicated page over there with all of my posts.

The big difference? I'll be getting paid to do what I love.

"This is so awesome," I told my husband the other day as I flipped through a fashion magazine. "I can read fashion magazines now without feeling guilty. Because I'm doing research."

You can bet I'll be doing some important "research" at the mall as well. Heh.

Don't worry about the logistics- For those of you who visit from Twitter and Facebook, I'll link you straight to my posts on Cafe Mom's "The Stir" pages. And there will be links here, too. It should be a pretty seamless transition.

And I couldn't be more excited.

Have a great weekend, everyone! I'll see you on Monday over at Cafe Mom!
blog comments powered by Disqus