Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Guilty Pleasure: Lilly Pulitzer

Lilly Pulitzer clothing has been around since before I was born and I don't think the line has ever really changed. It's not typically my style. It's totally over my budget. But I can't help it. I love it- and any time I can find Lilly Pulitzer on discount, I buy it.

When I see Lilly Pulitzer clothes, I'm transported in my mind to Seaside, the retro Florida beach where fabulous restaurants, shops, and ice cream parlors all are in walking distance, or to Charleston, an oceanfront town with its own signature style. The traditional Lilly Pulitzer colors are bright pinks and greens and blues, and if you wear Lilly, it's best to have only one or two pieces in your wardrobe at a time. The line is so identifiable that it's easy to experience Lilly overkill!

To read the rest of "Guilty Pleasure: Lilly Pulitzer", head over to Lindsay Ferrier's new column at The Stir by CafeMom.

blog comments powered by Disqus